The Best Bluetooth Headphones
It's only a matter of time before you'll look at movies that have people using wired headphones the same way you look at 80s movies when people are talking on a house phone attached by a cord to a wall. The freedom to listen to music and video, and make phone calls wirelessly will change the way you think about working out, getting things done around your house, and catching up with an old friend on a call.
Below you will find a comprehensive list of the best bluetooth headphones in each category for almost every purpose, if you want to make the switch to wireless headphones and free yourself from your devices, you'll find the perfect pair for you below no matter what your taste.
Best Over Ear Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
By far and away the best over-ear bluetooth wireless headphones on the market. Supreme comfort with an audio soundstage that is sure to impress even the most discerning audiophiles. They pair incredibly easily and you'll immediately hear separation of instruments and clear voices in your audio like never before.
- World Class Noise Cancellation Technology
- 20-hour battery life with rechargeable battery
- dual-microphones for clear calls even in windy conditions
- soft & comfortable ear cups for all day enjoyment
These Bose wireless headphones use bluetooth technology to play audio from your phone, computer, or tablet with comfort that won't fatigue your ears. They're one of the only headphones I've been able to wear all day without getting an ear ache or just getting uncomfortable. With their industry leading noise cancelling technology, you'll hear your music or video whether you play it quietly our loudly, weather you're in a library or on an airplane.
These SENSO bluetooth headphones are the best sport headphones for running on the market today. They're wireless connection to your phone will have you striding confidently through any terrain but the cord that wraps behind your neck will insure that if somehow you shake one loose, they won't fall to the ground below.
- High-fidelty stereo sound--deep base and crystal clear treble
- Comfortable secure fit that won't shake loose when exercising
- IPX-7 waterproof rating
- extra long 8 hour active battery life w/240 hour standby
- high quality at a discount--typically sold for $36
These are the best bluetooth headphones if you're trying to save a dollar but still want quality and functionality. The truth is, bluetooth headphones don't have to be expensive to work well and get the job done. These typically cost $25.99 on Amazon but feature most, if not all, of the same functions as any other bluetooth headphone without breaking the bank.
- Secure fit with neck wire for sports/running
- Built-in microphone with volume control
- IPX5 splash proof rating
- Stereo sound
- 5 hours continuous music on a charge / 175 hours standby
- Compatible with any bluetooth device
Best bluetooth headphones for phone calls
The two most important factors if you want bluetooth headphones for talking on the phone are, can the person you are talking to hear you, and can you hear them. After that, it's how good is the battery life. This bluetooth headset by Mpow does exactly what you want them to do better than any other, and for longer. Typically sold for less than $21, with over 1000 reviews averaging 4.5 stars, you almost can't go wrong.
- Noise cancelling boom microphone for crystal clear and loud voice
- Lightweight and comfortable on-ear design
- 12 hours talk time w/200 hour standby time (and a mere 2-hour charge time)
- Designed specifically for phone calls whether your driving a truck on the open road or sitting at your desk in an office
Best Earbud / in-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
The Phaiser BHS-730s are the best bluetooth headphones that fit comfortably inside your ear. The quality of the materials including the flat, tangle-free wire as well as the metal components of the earbuds themselves make for a purchase you will be glad to have made. Typically sold for $40 with over 12,000 reviews at 4.5 stars!
- Powerful Bass with super accurate HD sound
- Memory foam tips to isolate external noise
- Magnetic headphones stick together like a neckless when not in use
- In-line microphone with volume control
- Completely sweat proof for sport users
- Comfortable and secure
Best Over Ear Bluetooth headphones
For the best over-ear comfort, and the convenience of wireless bluetooth headphones, the Skullcandy Crusher headphones are a fantastic choice. The noise isolating foam ear pads will have you feeling relaxed and completely immersed in your music and the long battery life will have you losing track of how long you've been wearing them.
- Premium Audio with Haptic Bass response, dual drivers
- Noise Isolating foam ear pads for premium comfort and immersive fit
- 40-hour battery
- Phone call / track / volume controls with built in microphone
- Backup aux cable with microphone and remote included
Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose wins again because their noise cancelling is far and away better than any other competitor and they have the patents to prove it. The good news is, they have comfort and quality to pair well with the noise cancelling technology. Truthfully, if you want the best noise cancelling headphones, you're probably looking for Bose Quietcomfort 35 Over-Ear headphones at the top of the page, but for in-ear noise cancelling, these are the best ones out there.
Best Bluetooth Headphones Under $50
The highest reviewed bluetooth headphones that I've ever seen online are these SENSO Activbuds bluetooth headphones from Amazon. With over 19,000+ reviews and a solid 4.5 stars at the time of writing this, the unanimous opinion is that these are the best bluetooth headphones at the right price point for everyone to be able to afford.
- great sound
- Very strong waterproof rating, IPX7
- long battery life, 8 hours playback
- consistent bluetooth connectivity -- connects in a flash
Best Bluetooth Headphones for Iphone
If you have an iPhone 7 or newer, there are no better headphones than Apple's very own AirPods. Although some people will balk at the price and compare them to cheaper options on this very page, or attempt to play-down their features, I think you should strongly consider them as an option. I was fortunate to get a pair shortly after their release and if I could only choose one pair to own for the rest of my life starting today, these would easily be the number one choice for bluetooth headphones. First, they're comfortable--maybe it's just my ears, but they fit me perfectly. Second, you can use one or both and they adjust themselves accordingly on their own. They have a long battery life, and the case charges them when you put them away. They're great for phone calls, I can jump rope in them or run with them and they don't give me any indication that they are even loose. They're very practical bluetooth headphones and I love that I can always keep them in my pocket and pop them in at a moments notice. Seriously, these are amazing.
Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
With one of the highest ratings out there for waterproofing, the PunkCase EarStud Bluetooth Headphone is the go to option if you know you will test the limits of technology and water.
- IPX8 -- 100% Waterproof and Sweatproof
- Lightweight, minimalistic, and comfortable
- Bluetooth 4.2 EDR technology
- up to 5 hours use on a single charge